Electronic Signature Terms & Conditions
As part of your relationship with us, we want to ensure you have all of the information you need to effectively utilize our electronic admissions service. We are required by law to give you certain information “in writing” – which means you are entitled to receive it on paper. However, with your prior consent, we may instead provide this information to you electronically. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures throughout our relationship with you. So, before you use any of the EAdmit electronic admissions services, you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
In this ESIGN Consent:
- "We," "us," "our" and "Hcmg" means Hcmg, and each and every current and future affiliate of Hcmg.
- “You” and “your” means the person giving this ESIGN Consent and who is using or accessing the EAdmit electronic admissions service.
- “Communications” means each disclosure, notice, agreement, fee schedule, record, document, and other information we provide to you, or that you sign, submit, or agree to at our request.
- “Electronic Service” means each and every product and service we offer that you apply for, use, administer or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging services (including text messaging), and/or software applications (including applications for mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
- “EAdmit” means the electronic admissions service we offer for you to complete the required admissions paperwork for residency at Hcmg.
B. Consent to Electronic Records
In our sole discretion, the Communications we provide to you, or that you sign or agree to at our request, may be in electronic form (“Electronic Records”). We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you as part of our transactions with you. By using the EAdmit electronic admissions service, you consent to the use of electronic signatures and receipt of documents and notices electronically. Your consent covers all Communications relating to the admission of a resident to our facility. Your consent remains in effect until you give us notice that you are withdrawing it.
From time to time, residents may be discharged and readmitted to the facility, which would require you to complete additional admissions materials. When you do, we may remind you that you have already given us your consent to use Electronic Records and signatures. If you decide not to use Electronic Records and signatures in connection with the readmission, your decision does not mean you have withdrawn this consent for any previous admission.
C. Non-Electronic Records
Sometimes the law, or our agreement with you, requires you to give us a written notice. You must still provide these notices to us on paper, unless we specifically tell you in another Communication how you may deliver that notice to us electronically.
If we are required by law to deliver certain notices or other documents to you on paper, even if you have consented to electronic records, we will continue to deliver those Communications to you in writing. However, if the law changes in the future and permits any of those notices or documents to be delivered as Electronic Records, this ESIGN Consent will automatically cover those notices and documents as well.
D. Your Right to Obtain Paper Copies
After you have completed signing documents in EAdmit, you will have the ability to download all of the documents you signed along with other documents we provide to you as part of the admissions process. We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Communication via paper, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
If we provide Electronic Records to you, and you want a paper copy, you may contact the facility’s Administrator and request a paper version. You will find the appropriate contact information on your monthly statement, in your signed agreement, or by calling the facility directly. You may have to pay a fee for the paper copy unless charging a fee is prohibited by applicable law.
E. Your Right to Withdraw Consent You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to our Electronic Services and the closure of your EAdmit account.
To withdraw your consent, please contact facility’s Administrator. Your withdrawal of consent will become effective after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon it.
F. Contact Information You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address. Sign on EAdmit to update your contact information on record for you.
G. Hardware and software you will need.
To receive Electronic Records, you must have access to:
- a current version of an Internet browser
- a connection to the Internet
- a current version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files (such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader)
- a computer and/or electronic device and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form
- an active email address.
We reserve the right to discontinue support of a certain Internet browser or device if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security flaw or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use with Electronic Services, particularly with respect to the health care privacy and confidentiality laws with which Hcmg must comply.
If our hardware or software requirements change, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain your Electronic Records, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use Electronic Services after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
By providing your consent, you are confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review Electronic Records, and that you have an active email account.